The news is full of ridiculous things these days. Keep it easy to catch up and click on the following links:
- North Dakota State Fair anti-choicers hand out fetus toys to children.
Amber Mendez, a state fair attendee, said:
“My kids can read,” she said. “I shouldn’t have to explain to five and six-year olds what abortion is at a family event. I doubt these people would be allowed to hand out condoms to little kids. But it’s okay to talk to them about abortion without my permission?”
- Police tell a University of Southern California student that she wasn’t technically raped because her rapist didn’t have an orgasm.
According to the main complainant, who wishes to remain anonymous, she wasn’t actually raped in the eyes of the police:
“Because he stopped, it was not rape,” she was told, according to the complaint. “Even though his penis penetrated your vagina, because he stopped, it was not a crime.”
- Yahoo removes #gay, #lesbian and #bisexuality from search results.
So much for not changing anything and letting “Tumblr be Tumblr.”
- New film called “TransParent” deals with the life and death of a trans woman who was killed.
- Body of Diamond Williams, atransgender woman, found dismembered in a vacant lot.
Wrong pronouns used, as always. AP style needs to be retaught to many journalists, it seems. Most articles have been updated at this point.